Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Update From Chris


Folks it's been one hell of a couple months! The four of us finally moved out of Florida and have all started writing new songs together and meeting tons of new people! The Strangers have also made plans to move to Nashville! Our goal is to eat Thanksgiving dinner together in Tennessee... I cannot wait!

Ben, Hannah, and I moved to Waco, TX to work/live/write at the World Hunger Relief Farm, and Becca went to Lynchburg, VA for a bit as well.

My time on the farm came to an end about a week ago and I am now in Florida for a few days before hitting the road and going all around the United States! I'm heading to Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Francisco, Cleveland, Norfolk, and then finally Nashville over the course of two weeks or so! Busy days.

Texas was an amazing experience and I was fortunate enough to meet several amazing singers and songwriters in my time there. You'll be hearing more about our friend Ryan Pickop (ryanpickop.bandcamp.com) with whom the kids and I performed on his upcoming record! It's due out soon and y'all are gonna absolutely love it!

We figured this blog would be a great way to keep in touch with our friends and fans as well as between the four of us. You'll be hearing from each of us in the coming days/weeks and hopefully we'll get some sort of routine going.

I thought I would start off with a demo of a song I wrote called "Backslide". We've changed it around a bit since then and this here is a basic skeleton of what the song is! I really hope you guys enjoy it! I'll be posting recordings of some brand new songs that I've written/am in the midst of writing as I go along!

Thanks for the support and we'll catch you folks on the road!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment